This advanced digital reptile thermostat lets you control two totally separate heating units at once. It constantly monitors and adjusts amount of heat necessary to maintain a target temperature for your reptile enclosure.
It can be used in conjunction with ceramic heat emitters, heat tape, heat pads, radiant heat panels, and most heat bulbs. The optional dimming mode makes the Herpstat 2 the best option to be used with incandescent heat lamps (bulbs that emit light) and deep heat projectors—you will save on costs over time from having to replace your basking bulbs, halogens, and DHPs less frequently.
Features of the Herpstat 2:
- Proportional thermostat with selectable pulse or dimming modes.
- Can be used for precision temperature control (heat or cool), lighting control, and even humidity control.
- Temperature memory records high and low temperatures, even if there's power loss.
- Easy to read backlit LCD display.
- Comes with two outlets/probes and has independent settings for each. Three-prong grounded outlets are standard assuring compatibility with most heating devices.
- Two premium, steel tip probes included and power cord. Optional humidity sensing probes are available.
- 500 watts max per outlet capacity. 900 watt total.
- Gentle startup feature to keep your heat elements from burning out prematurely.
- High tech components built for flawless performance.
- Easily sits on top of your rack, cage, or incubator.
- Built-in alarms to alert you of temperature extremes.
- Internal error detection shuts off heat if sensor fails or is disconnected.
- Safety relay cuts power to all outputs if user settable conditions are met.
- 1-year, limited warranty.
More about the Herpstat 2 from Spyder Robotics:
Dual proportional temperature controlling modes (Dimming or Pulse) are built in so you can choose the mode that works best with your setup. A built-in soft startup feature will slowly add power on initial starts as well as a user selectable ramping between day and night time temperature settings.
A new revolutionary auto power matching algorithm constantly adjusts the power output to get the best regulation possible. The new AC control code lets the device adjust power in 100 steps to be able to finely tune the heating equipment. High and low temperature tracking and audible alerts are standard.
Possibly one of the most important new features is the built-in safety relay that can disconnect power to the outlets in case of a solid state control failure as well as a timeout function that can cut power if the user's low temperature is not reached within 30 minutes.
• Proportional heating constantly monitors and adjusts amount of heat necessary to maintain a target temperature (usable range from 40°F to 150°F or 4°C to 65°C).
• Lighting can simulate sunrise/sunset and moonlight. Individually selectable day/night schedules with nighttime temperature settings for each output.
• Sensor Matching allows the user to digitally calibrate the sensor output to match other equipment.
• Auto Power Matching constantly adjusts the power output curve to match the enclosures efficiency.
• High/Low temperature tracking helps monitor heating system and enclosure efficiency.
• Individually selectable High/Low temperature threshold alarms.
• Precision temperature sensors with an internal resolution of .1125 °F and are accurate to ± .9 °F
• Display and setting in tenths of a degree.
• Security Passcode option deters vandals.
• All settings are retained in memory even if power is lost.
• Power Outage detection/tracking.
• Temperature can be set/displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
• Removable sensors allow for easy replacement if necessary.
• User replaceable fuse.