Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime:
- removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia.
- converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank's biofilter.
- may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity.
- detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. Prime also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat.
- is non-acidic and will not impact pH.
- will not over-activate skimmers.
Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. As part of their ongoing environmental stewardship efforts Seachem will donate a portion of the profits for every specially labeled edition bottle of Prime, Stability, Pristine, and Clarity (in Bonus Sizes of 325 mL -- 30% more) sold to a Rhino preserve in South Africa.
Benefits: 1. Removes chlorine, chloramine. 2. Detoxiﬁes ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and any heavy metals. 3. 5X more concentrated. 4. Non-acidic. 5. Will not impact pH. 6. Provides slime coat. 7. Will not over-activate skimmers.
Use Instructions: Use 1 capful (5 ml) for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new water. For smaller volumes, please note each cap thread is approximately 1 ml. May be added to aquarium directly, but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. Sulfur odor is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency, up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is > 30 °C (86 °F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low, use a half dose.
pH Balance: 5.0 - 6.0 pH pH
Caution: Aquarium use only. Keep away from children.