Forest reptile species are partial sun baskers and do well with the 6% UVB T5 bulbs by Arcadia. Chameleons, Day Geckos, Iguanas, and Water Dragons enjoy this level of UVB and UVA output, as this bulb supports their synthesis of vitamin D3.
Arcadia reptile lamps are specially formulated to produce light in the UVB and UVA wavebands, as well as visible light and use a special glass formulation designed to allow through far more of the UVB and UVA. This means that we can offer lamps with spectral radiation patterns tailored to meet the requirements of specific reptile species.
- 6% UVB for the synthesis of vitamin D3
- 30% UVA. Produces excellent natural colors; 200% more visible light than equivalent length D3+ T8 lamp.
- High Output (HO) bulbs give twice the output per watt.
- Typically 31µW/cm2 at 30cm (with no mesh/glass and without a reflector).
- Lamps made in Germany by the worlds experts.
- Flicker free (T5).
- 39 watt
To get the most life out of your bulb, use a cloth when holding the bulb to protect it against oils on our fingers, and shut off power to the fixture before removing or installing a bulb.
Due to shipping considerations we cannot accept returns on bulbs, please be sure to order the right size.