Developed with veterinarian oversight, this freshly pressed tortoise food contains natural ingredients very similar to a wild diet—high in fiber, low in protein, sodium, and fats.
- All-Natural, wild-like nutrition.
- No waste product used as fillers such as nut shells, maise, sunflower seed husks, soya bean husks.
- Developed with zoo vet oversight.
- No artificial colors, flavors, scents or preservatives.
- Added Bee Pollen, ReVitaliseD3 and a Probiotic.
- Highly palatable and low waste compressed food.
- Feed as a hydrated mulch or dry.
- 1-2 tiles per day for >each 400g body weight.
- Developed with Mediterranean species in mind.
- An average minimum grass and herb mix of 52 EU grown species plus additional flowers, petals and whole leaf plants.
- No chinchilla dust added to dry out the digestive tract.
- Can make up to 70% of the total diet. Add in seasonal fresh salads, flowers, weeds and herbs as available.
- A pressed mix, not a baked extruded pellet.
Did you know that almost all commercial Tortoise foods are made from food waste such as almond nut shells or soya husk? Did you know that many of these prepared diets that smell so strongly of fruits or flowers do so because of potent artificial attractants?
Did you know that many of these foods are totally unnatural when compared with the wild diets of these incredible animals? In many cases they are little more than a baked, extruded chemical mass of artificial colors, flavors, scents, and preservatives? A chemical soup soaked into waste fibers and with very little actual ‘food’.