Does your reptile require high levels of UVB? Are you setting up a large enclosure? The 34-inch T5-HO Bulb (39 watt) is suitable— its high 14% UVB content supports desert reptile species synthesis of vitamin D3.
Absolute sun-loving baskers benefit from Arcadia's most powerful HO-T5 bulb, the 14% UVB Dragon Lamp. It's perfect for species like bearded dragons with its crisp, bold, full-spectrum and very bright projection capabilities.
The 14% UV bulbs are great for doing free range tortoise enclosures and other similar applications. They even give great UV at a distance of TWO FEET!
- You can hang up over floor and provide UV areas in square feet, not square inches!
- Suspend and adjust over breeding banks of cages.
- They can be hung one to two feet over cages.
- Then height adjust to get exact UV levels needed in Beardie, Uromastyx cages. Also suitable for Blue-Tongue Skinks, Frilled Lizard, Agamids, Tortoises, Freshwater Turtles, and Bosc Monitors.
- Also can be hung 16" - 24" over whole banks of screen chameleon cages.
- Flicker free.
- Works with the T-5 HO (High Output) Fixture.
CAUTION: More is not always better! The 14% bulb is not recommended for close distance (on top of a cage) use as it may be too much UV for most species. This bulb is designed to be used at greater distances over larger areas than the lower output bulbs. Ideally the UV output is dialed in with a UV meter in these circumstances.
To get the most life out of your bulb, use a cloth when holding the bulb to protect it against oils on our fingers, and shut off power to the fixture before removing or installing a bulb.